Sunday, April 18, 2010

I made my own background!

I have been looking at all the pretty and creative backgrounds that have been popping up in the craft blogs, and decided I could make my own. I found a website with a great tutorial, Kevin and Amanda's blog, the only problem the tutorial was for Photoshop Suites and I have an older version of Photoshop Elements. I didn't really know to much about it either. I just knew how to crop pictures and make a few changes in them. I didn't understand anything about the layers and extras for editing that was possible with Photoshop Elements . After mom's encouragement I thougth I'd give it a try ... and guess what (after weeks of doing and redoing) I DID IT! I found out there isn't much difference in the two programs, and the tutorial from Kevin and Amanda's blog was super. After figuring out the basics and finding websites that had lots of free embellishment downloads like the Shabby princess , Computer Scrapbook and Digi Scrap Kits this last one has some cute graphic, with a small fee, but shoot, I got the ones I used in my header for $1. I didn't think that was bad. I made a bunch of backgrounds and headers before I was ready to put one on display..
I have figured out how to make my own background paper using a scrapbook program I already had, Scrapbook Factory, I am slowly learning how to make my own embellishments too.
My next project is going to be how to change my fonts in the HTML -- (thanks to another tuturial I found, I don't remember the website off hand. But, it is bookmarked on my computer at work.) I know nothing about changing HTML, unless of course it's copy and paste. I figure if I can change my blog from a 2 column to 3 column, and install a background, I can change the fonts. I just need to see what needs to be changed and how to change it.
This project has taken up all my free time, taking me away from cardmaking, not to mention,  I am now behind in my scrapbooking, I don't think I will ever get out of 2007 LOL.. oh well, if it wasn't this it would be something else.

My DH says he never sees my face anymore, because it's stuck in the computer. What he doesn't realize is I bought a laptop just for him - so- I can sit with him in the evening, while he sleeps in front of the TV. We won't event talk about the death grip he has on the remote -- LOL -- men, you got love 'um......

1 comment:

Dee said...

good to see you back Bobbi. love the new background, looks great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...