Monday, October 15, 2012

2nd week of retirement zip by pretty fast

I was kept pretty busy, sure glad I don't have a job to interfere with all the goings on.
Let's take a look back at my week:
Sunday and Monday mom and I took the boys to Indy, we stayed at the Holiday Inn that has the an indoor water park - Caribbean Cove the boys played in the water most of the evening Sunday.
On Monday we went to the Indianapolis Zoo. We had a pretty good time. The weather was super, and the park was crowded at all.
When I got home I found out I became a GREAT Gma to a beautiful baby girl.
At 6:05am little Chloe was born - she is such a pretty baby.

Tuesday, I rested up from the weekend LOL - and made Al’s wedding card. Can you believe I forgot to take a picture.
Wednesday I helped Alyson (my eldest grand-daughter) put together her wedding programs, 160 of them. And it was Larry’s 65th birthday, which means dinner out.
Thursday I Then spent most of the day shopping for something to wear to the wedding. I hate clothes shopping. I mean really, really, hate it. I did find a couple of cute sweaters. Funny I can shop hours on end if it’s for paper, tape or just fun stuff. But after a hour or so of clothes shopping I am exhausted.
Friday worked on my 2007 scrapbook, almost finished only need our New Years day pictures and cover sheet for the year -- whoohoo
Saturday was wedding day for my eldest grand-daughter Alyson and Steven. I didn’t take any pictures of my own, she had photographer and plenty of friends taking pictures. I’m sure there will lots of  good ones to choose from.
I snatched this one from her face book page. LOL

Sunday it rained all day, power went on and off for most of the day. Which means I spent the day curled up with a good book. But the worst thing, It was my sisters birthday, and didn’t call her to wish her a Happy Birthday! I am so bad! I thought about it when I first got up, but it was to early to call. Then we had visitors later in the day, by the time I remember again it was too late to call. I feel just terrible. I did call her this morning first thing, no answer, left message, I will try again this afternoon.

My week in short: Went on weekend trip, became a GREAT Gma, Larry’s birthday, oldest grand-daughter got married and I was a bad little sister. Oh! I almost forgot, we had a new roof put on the house.

I think this week will be a little less busy.


Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...